Mass Spectrometry Scientist/Staff Scientist
Neoleukin Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional Mass Spectrometry Scientist, who will play an essential role in moving our research into therapeutic approaches. The assigned scientist will develop, optimize, and qualify mass spectrometry-based methods for characterization and analysis of proteins, with specific emphasis on therapeutic de novo designed proteins.
The candidate should have at least five years of experience in mass spectrometry applications in: intact protein analysis, native protein mass spectrometry, and peptide mapping. Familiarity with Orbitrap system(s) is desirable. This is an ideal position for a highly motivated scientist who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced and cross disciplinary dynamic start-up environment. As a young company looking to develop an inspiring work environment, Neoleukin embraces a collaborative and team-based approach.
Include, but are not limited to;
Development, optimization, and qualification of mass spectrometry-based methods and strategies for characterization and analysis of proteins.
Authoring documents such as SOPs, controls, test methods and technical reports.
- Ph.D., M.S. or B.S. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular or Cell Biology, or related fields in Life Sciences.
- Substantial prior experience in mass spectrometry analysis.
- Experience in standard protein analytical techniques including electrophoresis, Western Blot, ELISAs, Endotoxin assays, HPLC, FPLC, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, Calorimetry (ITC/DSC), Fluorescence and Circular Dichroism Spectroscopy.
- Proven exceptional record of research, including peer-reviewed publications in international journals.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment encompassing multiple disciplines with excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with attention to detail.
- Must have experience with Liquid chromatography (HPLC, FPLC) and Protein Purification.
- Experience and knowledge in molecular biology a plus.
- Committed to the values of integrity, scientific rigor and transparency.
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment is essential
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com
Neoleukin Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and Neoleukin will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.