Neoleukin Therapeutics is looking for an exceptional scientist to support our research program in developing novel cytokine mimetics. The qualified candidate will have deep knowledge in therapeutic candidate development, immunology and cytokine biology. The focus of the research group is to develop differentiated immunotherapies arising from our de novo protein design platform. Potential therapeutic products include agonist and antagonist cytokine mimetics, as well as innovative applications in cellular therapy.
The selected scientist will be responsible for independently designing and executing in vitro and in vivo experimental systems to translate our high-level strategic vision into scientific reality. As a startup looking to develop an inspiring work environment, Neoleukin embraces a collaborative and team-based approach. If you are a resourceful, tenacious, and flexible scientist with excellent knowledge in immunology and T cell biology, then you may be an ideal candidate.
- In vitro cellular assay development with both cell lines and mouse, primate and human primary cells
- Support in vivo translational studies through CRO interactions as well as participating in and building in-house vivarium infrastructure
- Build internal primary T cell transduction capabilities and subsequent cellular therapy functional in vitro characterization
- Support efforts to build an active and collaborative network within Neoleukin Therapeutics, with its research partners as well as with leading experts in academia and industry
- Determine and implement individual goals
- In partnership with administrative management, the candidate will also be responsible for the implementation of and adherence to all applicable safety, stewardship, and other legal requirements.
- Ph.D. or B.S. in applicable biological sciences with experience in Immunology, Immunotherapy and Cellular Therapy, with +3 years of post-graduate degree experience or +10 years post undergraduate degree experience
- Proven exceptional record of research, including demonstrated success in industrial drug development setting and peer-reviewed publications in the immunology field
- In-depth knowledge of multicolor flow cytometry and cell-based assays
- Experience in defining biophsyical properties of candidate therapeutic binding through Octet assay development
- Experience in cytokine biology research, CAR-T cell therapies, and immunotherapy in general
- Proficiency in molecular biology, CRISPR, genetic engineering and lentiviral modification of T cells a plus
- Desire to participate in new target strategical discussions
- Proficiency with murine models
- Familiarity with tumor biology and translational research
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment encompassing multiple disciplines with excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or contributing independently
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs in real time
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Neoleukin Therapeutics
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com
Neoleukin Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and Neoleukin will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.