Senior Contracts Manager
Neoleukin Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional Senior Contracts Manager to work alongside the VP of Legal Affairs and IP to assist in various departments within Neoleukin to fulfill their legal contracting needs, as well as assist with compliance and corporate recordkeeping. This person will be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, highly organized, solutions- and customer service-oriented, and pragmatic/proactive in their approach to contracting. The level of counseling requires a deep understanding of life sciences and general business transactions and related legal issues, as well as outstanding drafting and negotiation skills. A biological or chemical sciences background will be considered favorably.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a wide range of agreements including NDAs, informed consent, clinical trial, master service, and consulting agreements, licensing and research collaborations, and other agreements customary to a fast-growing R&D life-sciences company.
- Support internal departments with their contract queries, provide legal advice and interpretation regarding their executed contracts, and generally build a responsive and transparent relationship with internal requestors.
- Manage the legal contract database, updating the database as necessary with executed contracts, and monitor key milestones and deliverables emanating from executed contracts.
- Continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of legal contract support while maintaining the quality and consistency of contracts across the organization, following all applicable best practices, processes and procedures and ensuring SOX compliance.
- Willingly assist cross-functional colleagues with their projects and activities to contribute to a collegial atmosphere.
- Provide (directly or in cooperation with others) client education and training on critical issues.
- Manage and direct outside counsel to ensure the most effective and efficient utilization of resources to support client objectives.
- Consistently anticipate, guard against, and propose mitigation strategies for the management of potential contractual, compliance and financial risks.
- Proactively inform business clients of important legal, enforcement and other industry developments; actively respond to inquiries and requests for advice.
- Support and assist the Vice President Legal in developing recommendations for senior leadership pertaining to the overall strategies across the organization.
- Attorney with at least 5 years of combined experience in-house and/or with a nationally-recognized law firm; specialized in transactional matters, including contracts that involve the use and exchange of proprietary intellectual property as well as agreements for the procurement of services (e.g., master services agreements, research collaborations, material transfer agreements) OR non-attorney with 10-15 years of similar experience for the life sciences industry.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating clinical trial agreements and managing CROs.
- If attorney, JD from an accredited institution - active member of a U.S. State Bar with willingness to sit for WA bar, if not already admitted in WA.
- Possess the ability to create policies and programs that work for the business.
- This individual must have strong contract drafting skills, strong knowledge of contracts and related law, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities regularly shift to support the evolving needs of the business.
- Understands, practices and champions ethical business behaviors.
- Ability to work independently, while meeting aggressive deadlines and juggling multiple matters.
- Strong leadership skills and self-awareness, with a proactive and positive management approach.
- Excellent oral, written, and medical communication skills required as well as outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs in real time.
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Neoleukin Therapeutics.
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com
Neoleukin Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and Neoleukin will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.