Senior Scientist, Upstream Process Development
Neoleukin Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional scientist to lead upstream process development for its de novo designed protein therapeutics.
The Upstream Process Development Team is responsible for the development and implementation of upstream processes and analytical procedures for new molecular entities that can be seamlessly transferred to the cGMP Manufacturing Team. This role represents a critical function within the Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Group and supports the development of potentially revolutionary therapies for patients suffering from serious diseases.
As a startup looking to develop an inspiring work environment, Neoleukin embraces a collaborative and team-based approach. If you are a resourceful, tenacious, and flexible scientist with deep knowledge in upstream process development, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, then you may be an ideal candidate!
- Manage and implement goals for the Upstream Development Team within the Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls group
- Develop, optimize, and test expression conditions for novel protein entities in both mammalian and microbial hosts
- Establish analytical methods to monitor and ensure the reproducible expression of target proteins
- Document process development activities in formal written reports, manuscripts, posters, and presentations
- Coordinate seamless transfer of established processes to the cGMP Manufacturing Team
- Work closely with downstream process development, formulation, and attributes teams to develop integrated processes for the manufacture of novel protein species
- In partnership with administrative management, the candidate will also be responsible for the implementation of and adherence to all applicable safety, stewardship, and other legal requirements.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Systems/or/Synthetic Biology, or related fields with 1+ years of experience; or MS with 3+ years in Biotech industry
- Expertise in the expression of protein molecules within mammalian and/or microbial hosts.
- Experience with harvest (mammalian or bacterial) clarification, i.e. development and optimization of conditions for fermentation and harvest clarification is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment encompassing multiple disciplines with excellent interpersonal and management skills.
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com
Neoleukin Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and Neoleukin will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.