Scientist/Senior Scientist, Cellular Immunotherapy
Neoleukin Therapeutics is looking for an exceptional scientist to lead our research program in cellular immunotherapy at the Senior Scientist level. The candidate will have deep knowledge in the immunotherapy field to lead the research program, as well as extensive laboratory expertise to establish and develop the necessary infrastructure, experimental tools and protocols. The focus of the research group is to develop novel immunotherapies through the creative usage of engineered cells with our novel synthetic cytokines and other key immune-modulating signaling molecules. The scope includes multiple aspects of immune cell engineering, including cell isolation, genetic modification, maintenance and characterization.
The selected scientist will be responsible for designing and managing research programs in collaboration with senior management to translate our high-level strategic vision into scientific reality. As a startup looking to develop an inspiring work environment, Neoleukin embraces a collaborative and team-based approach. If you are a resourceful, tenacious, and flexible scientist with excellent knowledge in immunology and T cell biology, then you may be an ideal candidate.
- Establish primary T cell culture infrastructure
- Design and develop novel research projects in the interface of protein engineering and cell engineering as it applies to immunotherapy
- Lead a team of researchers while interfacing with senior management regularly
- Direct efforts to build an active and collaborative network within Neoleukin Therapeutics, with its research partners as well as with leading experts in academia and industry
- Determine and implement team goals
- In partnership with administrative management, the candidate will also be responsible for the implementation of and adherence to all applicable safety, stewardship, and other legal requirements.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Immunotherapies, or Systems/or/Synthetic Biology, with +3 years of post-graduate experience
- Proven exceptional record of research, including peer-reviewed publications in international journals
- Expertise in T cell engineering, CAR-T cell therapies, and immunotherapy in general
- In-depth knowledge of multicolor flow cytometry and cell-based assays
- Proficiency in molecular biology, CRISPR, genetic engineering and lentiviral modification of T cells
- Proficiency with murine models
- Familiarity with tumor biology and translational research
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment encompassing multiple disciplines with excellent interpersonal and management skills
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Neoleukin Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and Neoleukin will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.