Scientist/Senior Scientist, De Novo Protein Design
Neoleukin Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional scientist to lead research programs in de novo design of protein therapeutics at the level of Scientist or Senior Scientist (according to the experience level). The focus will be the de novo engineering of novel protein-based therapies, using a combination of computational and experimental approaches. The scope will include multiple aspects of de novo protein design, and targets will include cytokines, cell-signaling molecules, and other key immunemodulating or metabolic targets.
The selected scientist will be responsible for designing and managing research programs in collaboration with senior management to translate our high-level strategic vision into scientific reality. As a startup looking to develop an inspiring work environment, Neoleukin embraces a collaborative and team-based approach. If you are a resourceful, tenacious, and flexible scientist with excellent knowledge in computational protein design, then you may be an ideal candidate.
- Determination and implementation of team goals
- Use of existing computational tools for protein engineering
- Development of new computational tools for de novo protein design/engineering
- Biochemical and biophysical experimental characterization of designed proteins
- Preparation of data summaries, reports, manuscripts, and presentations of research results
- Direct efforts to build an active and collaborative network within Neoleukin Therapeutics, with its research partners as well as with leading experts in academia and industry
- Lead a team of researchers while interfacing with senior management regularly
- In partnership with administrative management, the candidate will also be responsible for the implementation of and adherence to all applicable safety, stewardship, and other legal requirements.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Systems/or/Synthetic Biology, or related fields in Life Sciences and/or computer science.
- Expertise in biological systems and modeling of proteins/macromolecules. At least 2-years of postdoctoral or biotech industry experience.
- Proven exceptional record of research, including peer-reviewed publications in international journals.
- Demonstrated experience in Computational Protein Engineering, Protein Structure Prediction, Protein Biochemistry, and/or Computer Science applied to Protein Engineering.
- Fluent in Linux, and programming in C/C++/MPI, Python, BASH (other languages are a plus). Experience using Rosetta++ is highly desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment encompassing multiple disciplines with excellent interpersonal and management skills.
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com
Neoleukin Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and Neoleukin will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.