Neoleukin Therapeutics is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our fast-growing organization. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant, will be responsible for day-to-day accounting, accounts payable process, and assisting with the monthly and quarterly financial reporting process. The candidate will be actively pursuing or have completed their CPA or equivalent accounting designation.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly journal entries.
- Partner with internal project managers and external service providers to determine appropriate accruals and expense recognition for R&D and Clinical projects.
- Perform bank reconciliations and post all bank entries.
- Review, record, and accurately process vendor invoices, employee expense claims, and corporate credit card reconciliations.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the fixed assets schedule and accurately calculate depreciation.
- Prepare sales tax, state & local tax, and other government related filings.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data for accuracy and compliance with GAAP, while also providing meaningful analysis on operating results to key stakeholders around the business
- Support annual financial statement audit, quarterly reviews, and SOX internal control audits by preparing schedules and providing documentation to support the accuracy of financial statements and effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Perform internal controls and ensure compliance with SOX at all times.
- Train and support accounting and finance staff as the team grows
- Participate in efforts to create efficiencies by implementing technology solutions and automation.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as required by Management.
- Exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Build productive internal working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting.
- Have or actively pursuing a CPA or equivalent accounting designation.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience. Preferred experience in a large public accounting firm or publicly traded company requiring SOX compliance and internal control audits.
- Experience in SAGE 300 is an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls.
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to accurate and high-quality work.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and adapt in a fast-paced, startup environment with multiple competing priorities.
- A positive, professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products and ability to quickly utilize new technology.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Neoleukin Therapeutics.
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com
Neoleukin Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and Neoleukin will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.